We anticipate our students arriving at University with their own IT devices, expecting to use them as part of their University life to access BGU’s digital services.
- Wi-Fi – Fast FREE* on Campus Wi-Fi in all our learning and social spaces, scan for eduroam, logon with your BGU e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] and password!
- myBGU – http://bgu.myday.cloud Your place for everything BGU! Android, iOS, and the Web!
- Microsoft 365 – https://portal.office.com Your MS Hub, e-mail, calendar, files (1Tb OneDrive), apps, and 5 copies of Microsoft Office for FREE*
- Blackboard –- https://mycourses.bishopg.ac.uk Your Online Learning Environment, submit your assessments, interact with your course.
- Printing – On-campus multi-function printers and professional print services.
- 24/7 access to fixed IT resources in our Library.
- IT Help & Support – https://helpdesk.bishopg.ac.uk – Dedicated IT Support & Help when you need IT.
*subject to terms and conditions
What IT device(s) should I bring?
A Windows 10 Laptop or Apple MacBook is our recommended choice for your life at University. Minimum technical specification (CPU: Intel i3, Memory: 8Gb, Storage: 128Gb SSD, GPU: Not required (unless gaming), in-built camera/microphone, Screen Size: 13” to 15” personal choice.).
Google Chromebooks, smartphones (Android/iOS), Android Tablets and Apple iPads can complement your main device but are not recommended as your only device.
In addition we have created a video that offers advice on what IT equipment to purchase which you can view below.
Software packages to help you in your studies can accessed on this page.
Once you’ve been provided with your university log-in details during the Enrolment process you will be able to download them.
For any help or guidance on how to get set up contact our IT team at email@example.com
Download your free copy of Microsoft Office 365 by clicking here.
Microsoft Office 365 supports Windows and Mac computers. Download now to get started using Word, Excel, Powerpoint and much more!
Download your free copy of IBM SPSS here.
SPSS Statistics is used for interactive, or batched, statisitcal analysis. Speak to your tutor to find out how it works!
Installing and activating SPSS can be a little tricky, please read our installation guide HERE to get started.
Download your free copy of NVIVO here.
NVivo gives you a place to organize, store and retrieve your data so you can work more efficiently, save time and rigorously back up findings with evidence.
Download your free copy of CleverTouch Lynx.
Using Lynx, teachers can create imaginative lessons with content from a variety of sources. The newly designed user interface makes Lynx easy to use, and the upgraded back-end changes gives a faster, smoother, simpler experience. It even opens Smart Notebook files!
Click HERE to learn more.
Download your free copy of ArcGIS Pro.
ArcGIS Pro is the latest professional desktop GIS application from Esri. With ArcGIS Pro, you can explore, visualize, and analyze data; create 2D maps and 3D scenes; and share your work to your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise portal. Speak to your tutor to get an account setup so that you can use this product (This software only works on computers running Windows).