Whether you’re looking to shift those stubborn pounds, join a new class and make friends, or catch up with old friends over a friendly game of badminton, we have it all.
Bank Holiday closure / Opening hours update – w/c 30th August 2021
We hope you are keeping well.
Just a quick reminder that we’ll be CLOSED on Monday 30th August (Bank Holiday), but will re-open on Tuesday 31st August 7.30am.
We are also delighted to welcome Andy Fell to our fitness team, please say hi next time you come in. Now we are fully staffed again we’re pleased to confirm from w/c 30th August we will be re-opening at weekends, and our opening hours return to normal;
Monday – Friday: 7.30am – 8.30pm (Closed Bank Holiday Monday)
Weekends: 9am – 2pm
Please continue to book in advance for our classes via email (email@example.com) / phone (01522) 583680.
How will this affect my membership payments / membership expiry date?
- Monthly memberships (via card payment): your monthly membership rate will return to normal from 1st September 2021. Staff / Students £13.50 per month, Concessions £16.00 per month, External £17.50 per month. Your membership expiry date will stay the same
- Monthly staff memberships (via payroll): as previously mentioned, we were unable to reduce your monthly membership rate in July. There will be a 20% reduction to your August membership rate, but this will return to normal in September’s pay. Amended rate; £10.80 per month / normal rate £13.50. Your membership expiry date will stay the same.
- Annual memberships / 3 month memberships(up front payments): This will not affect your membership payments. Our weekend closure days (10) have been added onto your membership term.
Thank you for your continued support, wishing you an enjoyable long bank holiday weekend.
BGU Sport & Fitness Centre team
Monday 16th August, covid measures update
We are pleased to announce from Monday 16th August that we are able to relax some of our covid measures, please see below our updates;
- Fitness suite booking system –will cease. You no longer need to book to attend, and your session time is not limited to one hour.
- Fitness suite capacity – our capacity returns to normal.
- Classes – our class capacities have increased to 25, except for Pilates which remains at 20. Same bookings procedure applies: up to 7 days in advance, minimum booking time is 30 minutes.
- Face coverings – will continue to be required in all Sport & Fitness Centre communal areas.
- Sanitiser – please continue to sanitise hands on arrival and self-sanitise all equipment before and after use.
Thank you for your continued co-operation.