If you would like to join our fitness suite we have a selection of excellent membership packages and offers available.
Becoming a member
Whether you’re associated with BGU or not, we have a range of excellent membership packages available to suit everyone’s needs and commitments.
To become a member you will need to complete a gym induction. There are two stages to our induction process:
Part 1 (Health Check)
This will take approximately 30 minutes and we complete a Pre-Activity Readiness Questionnaire with you in the Sports Centre. This is not a practical session.
Part 2 (Gym Induction)
This is a practical session so gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for this induction. This is likely to be either a one to one, or a small group induction. Our trained fitness instructors show you how to safely use all our equipment and advise how to get the best out of your work outs. If you would like a programme to help you achieve your goals we can also design a personalised programme for you too for only £10.
Our membership scheme allows members to train in the gym and attend our classes, as advertised on our class timetable (subject to availability). When joining we will also require you to complete a payment authorisation form when completing your part 1 induction; identification (student ID, driving license, passport, birth certificate or utility bill) and bank details (bank card or statement) are required. Prices can be found below.
Alternatively, it is possible to use our facility on a pay per session basis of £5 at peak times and £4.50 for off-peak times*. For this, a guest pass form must be completed prior to your session.
*Off peak times are Friday 4:00pm – 8:30pm and Saturday/Sunday 9:00am – 2:00pm
Prices and Membership
|Monthly Fee+||Annual Fee+||3 month fitness package|
|BGU Students||£13.50||£99*||3 months for £60|
|3 months for £60|
|Concessions||£16||£175||3 months for £60|
|General Public||£17.50||£190||3 months for £60|
*Offer ends 31st October 2019 (from 1st November price will be £145)
+Minimum term required. Staff / Concessionary / General Public: 12 months
BGU Students: Until 31st May 2020.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Prices quoted are per person
- The Membership fee must be paid up front in one lump sum
- Monthly payment minimum term applies and must be paid by recurring card payment
- Fee covers classes on class timetable and use of gym. Charges still apply for hiring out facilities and equipment
- The induction process (health check and gym induction) will need to be completed before using any gym equipment. For all members this induction is free – it’s a practical session and gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for your induction. This is likely to be either a one to one, or a small group induction. For non-members who would like an induction, this costs £10.
- Concessionary rate applies to over 60s, students of other colleges and universities, BG Generations members (alumni of BGU) and BG Futures tenants. Proof of ID will be required. If you do not qualify for any of the above concessions the general public rate will apply.
- Minimum age is 16.
- Replacement membership card: £10
3 Month Fitness Package
Our 3 month fitness package includes:
- Health check
- Gym induction
- Membership card
- Access to the centre Monday – Friday 7:00am – 8.30pm, and weekends from 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Access to classes advertised on our class timetable (subject to availability).
- Use of changing facilities, showers and lockers
- Free parking (subject to availability)
Replacement membership card: £10
To get your membership deal, or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01522 583680.
Frequently asked questions regarding gym membership: COVID-19, SPORT & FITNESS CENTRE CLOSURE
I pay for a monthly gym membership, will I still be charged whilst the centre is closed?
Your membership has been suspended until further notice. No further monthly payments (card/payroll) will be deducted while BGU Sport & Fitness Centre remains closed. Once we re-open your monthly membership payments (card/payroll) will be reactivated and your agreed membership term will then continue as per your membership agreement.
BGU Students: If we are unable to re-open the centre by 1st May and your agreed membership term is until 31st May then no further monthly payments will be deducted from your card.
I have paid up front for my membership (i.e. 3 months, 6 months, 1 year), what will happen to my membership?
Your membership has been suspended until further notice. Once BGU Sport & Fitness Centre re-opens your membership will be re-activated and the number of days we have been closed for will be added onto your membership.
I have paid upfront for my membership, but would not benefit from my membership being extended beyond the current membership term?
Please email email@example.com to explain your situation; we will confirm if you are entitled to a membership refund.