Welcome to BGU’s very own on-campus Sport and Fitness Centre, open to everyone from our students and staff to the public. Whether you’re looking to shift those stubborn pounds, join a new class and make friends, or catch up with old friends over a friendly game of badminton, we have it all.
Update: May 1, 2020
We are aware that some membership payments for May have gone out this morning.
Please rest assured that all membership payments that have gone out for this month will be refunded.
However, this is not a quick task so please bear with us, we will action these as soon as we can.
Frequently asked questions regarding gym membership: COVID-19, SPORT & FITNESS CENTRE CLOSURE
I pay for a monthly gym membership, will I still be charged whilst the centre is closed?
Your membership has been suspended until further notice. No further monthly payments (card / payroll) will be deducted while BGU Sport & Fitness Centre remains closed. Once we re-open your monthly membership payments (card / payroll) will be reactivated and your agreed membership term will then continue as per your membership agreement.
BGU Students: If we are unable to re-open the centre by 1st May and your agreed membership term is until 31st May then no further monthly payments will be deducted from your card.
I have paid up front for my membership (i.e. 3 months, 6 months, 1 year), what will happen to my membership?
Your membership has been suspended until further notice. Once BGU Sport & Fitness Centre re-opens your membership will be re-activated and the number of days we have been closed for will be added onto your membership.
I have paid upfront for my membership, but would not benefit from my membership being extended beyond the current membership term?
Please email email@example.com to explain your situation; we will confirm if you are entitled to a membership refund.
Our Fitness Suite is equipped with top of the range cardiovascular equipment (treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machines, bikes) in addition to resistance equipment and a free weights, core and stretching area.
Our Sports Hall is available for hire and can cater for a wide selection of activities including 5-aside football, netball, basketball and badminton with all equipment for your chosen sport provided for. If you choose to come to one of our classes, they will take place in this spacious arena.
We also have a range of outdoor pitches available for hire, from our rugby pitch and football pitch, to our playing field.
Our opening hours for use of all facilities are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 8.30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am – 2pm
Excludes Bank Holidays and the Christmas period.
For more information, please contact our Sport & Fitness Centre team via;
Call: 01522 583680 / 01522 583686
… or come in to see us for a chat and a tour.
Meet the Team
Our fully trained professionals are always here to help, from offering guidance on machines and equipment, to teaching classes and working with you to achieve a personal goal.
Sport and Fitness Centre Manager
- BSc (Hons) Coaching Science
- BTEC National Diploma Science (Sports Studies)
- First Aider
- USPTR Tennis Coach
- Community Sports Leadership Award
- REPS Level 3 Advanced Instructor
- Exercise Referral Consultant (Wright Foundation Instructor)
Sport and Fitness Centre Assistant
- NVQ Level 3 Advanced Fitness Instructor
- NVQ Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- FDSc Sport and Exercise Development
- Level 3 Mat Pilates instructor
- Spinning, Aqua Aerobics & Total Pump courses
Sport and Fitness Centre Assistant
- Diploma of Higher Education in Sport and Exercise Science
- Level 3 Mat Pilates Instructor
- CYQ Level 3
– Personal Trainer
– Advanced Gym Instructor
– Exercise and Fitness knowledge
– Nutrition Training in different environments
– Client lifestyle assessment
– Sports Conditioning
– Pre and post natal exercise
– Business and marketing
- CYQ Level 2
– ETM (Exercise to Music)
– Indoor Cycling (Spin)
Sport and Fitness Instructor
- Premier Training Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Rehabilitation of Injuries
– Fitness Instruction and personal training
– Optimum and sports nutrition
– Fitness assessment and health appraisal
– Lifestyle management
– Sports therapy and rehabilitation
– Sports massage
– Body massage
– Mechanical and electrotherapy techniques
– GP referrals
- ETM (Exercise to Music)
- Indoor Cycling (Spin)