Dr Tracy Jeffery
- Special Educational Needs, Disability & Inclusion
- Psychology and Special Educational Needs, Disability & Inclusion
- Special Educational Needs, Disability & Inclusion and Theology, Philosophy & Ethics
- Psychology and Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion with Foundation Year
- Special Educational Needs, Disability and Inclusion with Foundation Year
- Special Educational Needs, Disability & Inclusion and Theology, Philosophy & Ethics with Foundation Year
- Professional Practice in Special Educational Needs & Disability (Grantham)
- Special Educational Needs & Disability
Tracy’s research interests centre on atypical speech and voice production, psycholinguistics, and on the use of music and the arts in supporting wellbeing. Her PhD research focussed on the potential for music activities to support perception and production of speech for people with Down Syndrome. Previous research investigated the potential of singing as a tool for developing speech intelligibility (MSc LACIC). As researcher, she has contributed to the BGU Evaluation Report for nasen’s ‘A Whole School Approach to Improving Access, Participation and Achievement’ (2012 and 2013). As lead researcher, she designed and conducted the ‘SongVoice’ research project for Soundlincs and ELDC (2012-2014), which investigated the effects of song-based musical activities on communication in school aged children with moderate-severe Learning Disabilities. She has presented papers at the Down Syndrome Research Forum (2010; 2017).
Stuttering in Down Syndrome: a case study. Down Syndrome Research Forum, 2017
Jeffery, T., Cunningham, S., & Whiteside, S. P. (2017). Analyses of Sustained Vowels in Down Syndrome (DS): A Case Study Using Spectrograms and Perturbation Data to Investigate Voice Quality in Four Adults With DS. Journal of Voice.
Jeffery, T. (2016). Speaking in harmony: an exploration of the potential for rhythm and song to support speech production in four young adults with Down Syndrome. PhD thesis, University of Sheffield.
Jeffery,T. and Whiteside, D. (Eds). (2016). Education Undergraduate : journal of undergraduate research in education. Volume 8: November 2016