Dr Jon Begley
- English Literature
- Education Studies and English
- English and Drama
- English and History
- English and Psychology
- English Literature with Foundation Year
- Education Studies and English with Foundation Year
- English and Drama with Foundation Year
- English and History with Foundation Year
- English and Psychology with Foundation Year
- MA Children’s Literature and Literacies
- MA English Literature
Jon’’s primary research interest is in British fiction of the 1980s and he has written and published materials upon the contemporary ‘State-of-the-Nation’ novel, Martin Amis and the Literature of the Falklands/Malvinas War. Jon is currently developing this field of research in relation to Thatcherism, the ‘post-consensus’ novel and the works of authors such as Ian McEwan, Jonathan Coe, David Peace and Margaret Drabble.
Jon is engaged in a long term investigation into the pedagogic benefits of new technologies and communication platforms in relation to student engagement and synchronous interaction.