The BG Futures Summer Social organised by Bishop Grosseteste University’s (BGU) BG Futures Team returned this year to once again provide......
As one of our alumni, there are many ways give a little back to BGU.
Bishop Grosseteste University is a special and unique place at which to study; during your time here you will have formed a special bond with friends, with tutors and with the campus.
As one of our alumni, you may feel you want to give a little back to BGU. This might be financial, or it might be by way of support in a different capacity. We value and appreciate any involvement our alumni have with the University, and as such we have a number of ways in which you can help. As alumni, you are one of our greatest advocates.
There are a number of other ways in which you, as alumni, can give a little back.
Alumni Ambassador Programme
Our alumni ambassador programme is a paid opportunity for you, our alumni, to be one of our advocates, promoting BGU at a variety of different events from Open Days to school visits. For more information or to register your interest please click here.
Alumni Volunteer Programme
Our alumni volunteer programme provides the opportunity for you to support our current students. There are a number of ways in which you might want to get involved:
- Guest Talks – Occasionally we look for professional people to come and talk to our students about their educational experiences, professional area of interest, or career. Who better to ask to than our very own graduates?
- Mentoring – Our mentoring initiative aims to connect graduates to students of all ages and experiences. As a mentor you will help current students find out about your current work environment, career and your experience here at BGU by answering questions via email or a quick telephone call. There is also the opportunity, if you have enough free time, to meet one-to-one with any student you are mentoring.
- Alumni Publications – We always like to hear what our alumni have been doing so if you have a particular story you would like to share, we would welcome articles for our alumni magazine, BG Talk, which is published once a year in the summer.
- Individual Careers Support – Our Careers, Employability and Enterprise Team are always interested to hear from alumni who are willing to provide support to our current students. This might be in the form of interview workshops, CV clinics or job search techniques.
- Represent the Alumni Community on University Committees – Occasionally we put out calls for an alumni representative to sit on certain University Committees. Any opportunities for this type of support will be publicised in our monthly electronic newsletter.
- Provide Work Placements – By providing valuable work experience you are able to help develop those all-important employability skills.
BGU Foundation Fund
If you are in a position and want to support our current students financially then the BGU Foundation Fund is a great cause. It was set up by the Alumni of BGU to support projects that enhance the student experience and help make a difference to other peoples’ lives.
The fund supports a range of projects that clearly demonstrate enrichment during a students’ time at the University. It focuses on projects that cannot be resourced through the University’s main funds with a number of grants distributed each year to support voluntary work or other innovative, creative, charitable or community based projects both here in the UK or overseas.
For further information on any of these opportunities, please contact our Alumni Office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Related Area
“Is this some kind of joke?” – BGU Present an Evening of Stand-Up Comedy with Tribute Artist Lee Lard
Join us at 7.30pm on Thursday 17 May for an evening of comedy as the one and only Peter Kay......
Staff and students from Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) in Lincoln raised money for charities at events over the festive period....
A BGU Drama in the Community student recently organised an activity day with forty young carers from across Lincolnshire....