With results day on the horizon one of the main things on the minds of students will be the Clearing Process. If you end up going through Clearing don’t worry because at BGU we aim to prepare our students for every eventuality; even before they join us!
These are our top tips for a successful Clearing:
- Don’t panic! If you stay calm you’re much more likely to take in all the information you need to succeed
- Call our Clearing hotline on (01522) 583698. Our professional Clearing staff will be able to talk you through your individual situation and give you any help and advice you may need
- If your grades fall short, wait for that important acceptance or rejection indication on UCAS Track before you put yourself into Clearing. You never know – your first-choice university may well still accept you
- Don’t give up! You may well be offered a place on a similar course that’s just as good, but you’ll need to shop around. Don’t rush your decision. The UCAS system doesn’t even let you trigger the formal process of accepting a Clearing place until 3pm on results day, so you have the chance to shop around
- Be prepared to make lots of phone calls – and be persistent!
- Ask questions – choosing a new course through Clearing is a big decision, so you need to make sure you have all the information you need. If there’s something you’re not sure about or you don’t understand, make sure you ask the person you’re speaking to for clarification. Don’t be worried about asking questions – it shows you’re thorough
- Hold your nerve – you may need all your negotiating skills to persuade a course tutor that they should take you on
- Enlist the support of friends and family. Keep them informed, as they’ll be a great help to you when you have to make that difficult final decision
- If you don’t get the grades you need it’s not the end of the world – there are plenty of other opportunities to consider
- Make sure you take notes. You’ll have a lot of information going through your head so it’s important to write as much of it down as you can so you don’t forget it later on.
Clearing at BGU
Clearing is available between July and September and offers students who have not yet secured a place at university the opportunity to apply for available places.
If you find yourself in Clearing, don’t hesitate – give us a call. Our professional Clearing staff will be able to give you all the advice you need and find a course perfect for you. Simply call (01522) 583698 and they’ll talk you through it all.
Alternatively, why not come and visit us? We’re running a special Clearing Open Day on Friday 17th August where you can speak to staff in person and really get a feel of what BGU has to offer.
This Open Day is specifically designed for people who are making decisions in Clearing. It will allow you to come and learn more about the university, explore our beautiful campus, find out more about Lincoln, ask questions of our staff and really get to know us. So what are you waiting for?
To book your place on the Clearing open day visit our website.
Clearing Related Area
and any other tag
Assessment Only Route to QTS (Primary and Secondary)
Bed and breakfast
BG Conference & Events
BGU Foundation Fund
Business skills Support
campus related news
Careers and Employability
Certificate in Education
Church of England
Community & Partnerships
Continuing Professional Development
Early Childhood Studies
Emotional and Mental Health Conference
For Business and Employers
Freedom of Information
Halls of residence
Learning and teaching
MSc in Wellbeing in Learning and Teaching
Partnership in ITE
People and Organisational Development
Post Graduate Certificate in General Practice Nursing
Primary and Community Care
Primary Education with QTS
Social & Cultural History
Social Emotional and Mental Health Conference
Special Educational Needs
Special Educational Needs & Disability
Sport & Fitness Centre
Theology & Ethics
Theology & Religious Studies
Training and Skills
Aug 15, 20180
Many students think of undergoing Clearing on Results Day as an experience that is best avoided. Our Admissions Team, however,......
Aug 14, 20180
Not getting your required A-Level grades on results day doesn’t have to mean the end of your university dream. Clearing......
Aug 09, 20180
With Results Day next Thursday, everyone at Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) hopes you get the results you need to get......
Aug 08, 20180
Results Day on the 16th of August is fast approaching and if you need to make use of the Clearing......
Aug 16, 20170
With A-level results day looming, Bishop Grosseteste University’s admissions team is poised and ready to guide students through the Clearing......
Aug 15, 20120
English literature student Nicolle Loughlin changed her career plans late in the day and was delighted to discover a course......
Aug 14, 20120
14/08/2012 Thursday 16th August is A-level results day, and Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln is ready to help guide students......
Clearing Related Contents
No post was found with your current grid settings.
You should verify if you have posts inside the current selected post type(s) and if the meta key filter is not too much restrictive.