Exotic creatures, bouncy castles and specialist counsellors are being brought on to campus by the Bishop Grosseteste Student Union (BGSU)......
If you would like to join our fitness suite we have a selection of excellent membership packages and offers available.
Becoming a Member
We welcome everyone of all ages and abilities to our Sports and Fitness Centre, whether you’re associated with BGU or not. We have a range of excellent membership packages available to suit everyone’s needs and commitments.
To become a member you will need to complete a gym induction. There are two stages to our induction process:
Part 1 (Health Check)
This will take approximately 30 minutes and we complete a Pre-Activity Readiness Questionnaire with you in the Sports Centre. This is not a practical session.
Part 2 (Gym Induction)
This is a practical session and so gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for this induction. This is likely to be either a one to one, or a small group induction. Our trained fitness instructors show you how to safely use all our equipment and advise how to get the best out of your work outs. If you would like a programme to help you achieve your goals we can also design a personalised programme for you too for only £10.00.
Our membership scheme allows members to train in the gym and attend our classes, as advertised on our class timetable (subject to availability). When joining we will also require you to complete a payment authorisation form when completing your part 1 induction; identification (student ID, driving license, passport, birth certificate or utility bill) and bank details (bank card or statement) are required. Prices can be found below.
Alternatively, it is possible to use our facility on a pay per session basis of £5.00 at peak times and £4.50 for off-peak times*. For this, a guest pass form must be completed prior to your session.
*Off peak times are Friday 4:00pm – 8:30pm and Saturday/Sunday 9:00am – 2:00pm
Prices and Membership
|Monthly Fee+||Annual Fee+||3 month fitness package|
|BGU Students||£13.50||£145||3 months for £30*|
| BGU Staff
|3 months for £50*|
|Concessions||£16||£175||3 months for £50*|
|General Public||£17.50||£190||3 months for £50*|
* Offers ends 30th June 2019, then prices return back to our standard membership rates.
** Offer ends 31st August, then prices return back to our standard membership rates.
+Minimum term required. Staff / Concessionary / General Public: 12 months
BGU Students: Until 31st May 2019.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Prices quoted are per person
- The Membership fee must be paid upfront in one lump sum
- Monthly payment minimum term applies and must be paid by recurring card payment
- Fee covers classes on class timetable and use of gym. Charges still apply for hiring out facilities and equipment
- The induction process (health check and gym induction) will need to be completed before using any gym equipment. For all members this induction is free – it’s a practical session and gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for your induction. This is likely to be either a one to one, or a small group induction. For non-members who would like an induction this costs £10.00.
- Concessionary rate applies to over 60’s, students of other colleges and universities, BG Generations members (alumni of BGU) and BG Futures tenants. Proof of ID will be required. If you do not qualify for any of the above concessions the general public rate will apply.
- Minimum age is 16.
- Replacement membership card: £10
3 Month Fitness Package
Our 3 month fitness package offers are shown in the prices and membership section above. Prices return to £60 when these offers end. This package includes:
Access to the centre Monday – Friday 7:00am – 8.30pm, and weekends from 9:00am – 2:00pm
Access to classes advertised on our class timetable (subject to availability).
Use of changing facilities, showers and lockers
Free parking (subject to availability)
Replacement membership card: £10 Minimum age is 16.
To get your membership deal, or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01522 583680.
Related Sport & Fitness Centre News
Bishop Grosseteste University’s (BGU) ongoing sponsorship of Lincoln City Football Club is providing students with inspiring opportunities according to a......
16/01/2017 A Senior Lecturer in Sport and Education at Lincoln’s Bishop Grosseteste University is not surprised by the success the......
11/10/2016 Bishop Grosseteste University got revenge for last year’s Cathedral Cup loss by comprehensively beating the University of Lincoln 3-1......
11/07/2016 Bishop Grosseteste University and Lincoln City FC have welcomed a deal which strengthens the partnership between the two organisations.......