It was a night to celebrate for Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) at the Whatuni 2019 Student Choice Awards with its......
Our Accommodation team are on hand to help you with every aspect of applying for your accommodation here at BGU
Once you have been made an offer to study at Bishop Grosseteste University you will receive notification from the Accommodation Officer inviting you to apply for halls in May via our on-line system.
You can view all our accommodation options in our Accommodation Guide.
The majority of places in halls are offered to first year UK/EU undergraduate students who have firmly accepted an academic offer and submitted an accommodation application by 28 June 2019.
All students should apply for University accommodation using our online application. You will be invited to do so in May once you have received an email/letter from us.
The online application allows you to make accommodation selections based on your requirements. There are several stages to the application:
- Home screen, select register
- Enter your Student ID (being your BGU number), first and last name, date of birth, your and e-mail address (please use an email account you can access at all times – a school or agent’s is not recommended)
- Create a password that you will easily remember
- You will be shown the personal details we hold about you and you must ensure that all information is correct. Please complete any missing information and your next of kin details.
- Validate Registration – Once confirmed, you will receive notification by email and a unique code for you to enter, so you can proceed to the next stage.
- You will now be allowed to log on using your newly registered details and password.
Create an Application
- Click New Application to begin
- Choose the Application Type specific to you i.e. undergraduate or postgraduate
- Review the accommodation options available before making your choices
- Select the room types and sites that meet your requirements. You can select a minimum of 5 and maximum of 9 accommodation preferences*
- Prioritise the alternative options – if your preferred choices are unavailable when we are making you an offer, we need to know what you would prefer to be offered
- Complete the additional information section (depending on your application type) this may include: gender sharing preference, medical/disability information, any special requests you may have
- When you have completed all sections, you can review your choices in the Confirmation page and when you are happy with your application, click Confirm
*When allocating your rooms we will work through your choices in order of preference.
Please note – a selection of room types are in high demand but low in quantity, therefore if you choose sites which don’t have large availability of certain room types, you should maximise your other options by choosing the maximum preferences allowed.
Demand for halls outstrips supply and as there are not enough places to accommodate all those who wish to go into halls we apply an Accommodation Policy. Within the allocation prioritisation, there are certain provision’s that apply:
- All places in halls are allocated on a first come first served basis and students are therefore encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible
- Priority will be given to students joining us from outside the local area;
- Applications received by 28 June 2019 will be guaranteed accommodation, but this might not necessarily be on campus. An alternative offer may be made from your preferences in private accommodation where the terms and conditions will differ to that originally applied for
Applications received after 28 June 2019 will not be guaranteed accommodation and further advice will be given by the Accommodation Officer on receipt of application.
Applicants who make Bishop Grosseteste University their insurance choice with UCAS are still encouraged to apply for accommodation. Details will be held on record, until confirmation is received that you will be attending the University.
If you experience any problems accessing the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, Bishop Grosseteste student ID number and your date of birth and we will look into it further.
Code of Practice for the Management of Student Housing
Where you live is a big part of being at University which is why Bishop Grosseteste University is one of a number of Universities and Further Education Colleges that is signed up to The Student Accommodation Code . The Code protects our students’ rights to safe, good quality accommodation, to make sure our students get the best out of their time living in our residences. It outlines everything students can expect from our accommodation as well as their responsibilities as tenants. The Code has already raised standards of accommodation at Bishop Grosseteste University and underpins our ongoing dedication to our students. We are fully committed to providing a safe, comfortable living environment which will help support our students in leading a successful and enjoyable student life.
For further information visit the Student Accommodation Code website. A full version on the code of practice is available on request from the Accommodation Office
Your Right to A Quality Home Leaflet (PDF).
Click here for our Accommodation Policy – giving you more information on how we allocate rooms, what support is available and the key dates and deadlines you need to know.
Cost of living calculator – work out your living costs with help from the Which? University Student Budget Calculator*
Wherever you decide to live during your studies here, you can contact the Accommodation Officer for support and advice on any issue on +44 (0)1522 583707 or email email@example.com
*Please be aware, only use this calculator as an indication of costs
Accommodation Related Area
Bishop Grosseteste University (BGU) is delighted to announce that their student accommodation has been voted one of the top 20......