GREAT Scholarships 2021/22 – East Asia
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Bishop Grosseteste University is offering 2 scholarships to students in India and Malaysia, applying for postgraduate study at BGU*.
The GREAT Scholarships 2021/22 programme, launched by the British Council together with 41 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The scholarship programme offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 41 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The number of GREAT Scholarships available for each country is :
- India – 1
- Malaysia – 1
The deadline for applications is 31st March 2022
*Please note Teaching Training programmes are not included in these scholarships.
To apply for a BGU GREAT scholarship, you must first apply for, and have been offered a place on one of our programmes. Once you are in receipt of an offer for a programme please download and complete the scholarship application form by clicking here.
You will be asked to describe your academic achievements, relevant professional experience and/ or career goal. Applicants should also refer to any other information, which supports their application. This should include, but is not limited to:
- Academic merit – Course entry requirements are met including English Language Requirements, Examination results, transcripts, references, Academic prizes or awards.
- Career Aspirations – applicants should tell us about their chosen career goal and their aspirations to contribute to their chosen field. Applicants should establish the relevance of the proposed academic course to his/her career plans.
- Financial need – Applicants will need to explain their financial situation and how they intend to cover the remaining expenses, should their application be successful. Even with a scholarship, applicants will need to evidence they can cover their living expenses within the UK to meet the requirements for a Tier 4 visa.
- Developmental impact – Applicants should explain how they plan to use their study to develop and contribute to society in their own country. Applicants should evidence any past commitment to ’development’ agendas through participation in relevant projects.
- Extracurricular Activity – Applicants should provide evidence of activities, which has enhanced their graduate attributes for example, examples of volunteering, leadership, charity work.
Application forms should be completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be clearly marked ‘BGU GREAT Scholarship Application’ in the subject line.
The scholarship application process is competitive applications by a panel of Faculty members on the above criteria. BGU reserve the right to not grant scholarships to those who provide evidence of the above criteria, if the application is not of the required quality.
Successful scholars will be issued with a scholarship with a value of £14,000 in the form of a fee discount. All scholarships awarded will be valid for the lifetime of the programme, for postgraduate applicants this is one year.
Please note that applicants should be passport holders of India or Malaysia.
Applicants for Initial Teacher Training Programmes are not eligible to apply for the GREAT Scholarship.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2021/22, please visit Study UK and the British Council website in your country.
Register your interest
Fill in your details below to receive more information on International Study at BGU.