Exotic creatures, bouncy castles and specialist counsellors are being brought on to campus by the Bishop Grosseteste Student Union (BGSU)......
Find out about the range of facilities on offer at the Sport & Fitness Centre
Welcome to BGU’s very own on-campus Sport and Fitness Centre, open to everyone from our students and staff to the public. Whether you’re looking to shift those stubborn pounds, join a new class and make friends, or catch up with old friends over a friendly game of badminton, we have it all.
Our Fitness Suite is equipped with top of the range cardiovascular equipment (treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machines, bikes) in addition to resistance equipment and a free weights, core and stretching area.
Our Sports Hall is available for hire and can cater for a wide selection of activities including 5-aside football, netball, basketball and badminton with all equipment for your chosen sport provided for. If you choose to come to one of our classes, they will take place in this spacious arena.
We also have a range of outdoor pitches available for hire, from our rugby pitch and football pitch, to our playing field.
Our opening hours for use of all facilities are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 8.30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am – 2pm
Excludes Bank Holidays and the Christmas period.
For more information, please contact our Sport & Fitness Centre team via;
Call: 01522 583680 / 01522 583686
… or come in to see us for a chat and a tour.
Facebook / Twitter
Please check out our Sports Centre page on Facebook to and Sports Centre Twitter page to keep up to date with our news and latest offers.
Meet the Team
Our fully trained professionals are always there to help, from offering guidance on machines and equipment, to teaching classes and working with you to achieve a personal goal.
Sport and Fitness Centre Manager
- BSc (Hons) Coaching Science
- BTEC National Diploma Science (Sports Studies)
- First Aider
- USPTR Tennis Coach
- Community Sports Leadership Award
- REPS Level 3 Advanced Instructor
- Exercise Referral Consultant (Wright Foundation Instructor)
Sport and Fitness Centre Assistant
- NVQ Level 3 Advanced Fitness Instructor
- NVQ Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- FDSc Sport and Exercise Development
- Level 3 Mat Pilates instructor
- Spinning, Aqua Aerobics & Total Pump courses
Sport and Fitness Centre Assistant
- Diploma of Higher Education in Sport and Exercise Science
- Level 3 Mat Pilates Instructor
- CYQ Level 3
– Personal Trainer
– Advanced Gym Instructor
– Exercise and Fitness knowledge
– Nutrition Training in different environments
– Client lifestyle assessment
– Sports Conditioning
– Pre and post natal exercise
– Business and marketing
- CYQ Level 2
– ETM (Exercise to Music)
– Indoor Cycling (Spin)
Sport and Fitness Instructor
- Premier Training Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Rehabilitation of Injuries
– Fitness Instruction and personal training
– Optimum and sports nutrition
– Fitness assessment and health appraisal
– Lifestyle management
– Sports therapy and rehabilitation
– Sports massage
– Body massage
– Mechanical and electrotherapy techniques
– GP referrals
- ETM (Exercise to Music)
- Indoor Cycling (Spin)
Related Sport & Fitness Centre News
Bishop Grosseteste University’s (BGU) ongoing sponsorship of Lincoln City Football Club is providing students with inspiring opportunities according to a......
16/01/2017 A Senior Lecturer in Sport and Education at Lincoln’s Bishop Grosseteste University is not surprised by the success the......
11/10/2016 Bishop Grosseteste University got revenge for last year’s Cathedral Cup loss by comprehensively beating the University of Lincoln 3-1......
11/07/2016 Bishop Grosseteste University and Lincoln City FC have welcomed a deal which strengthens the partnership between the two organisations.......