Our outreach team are able to offer a range of FREE presentations and workshops, which can be delivered at your school or college.
Our most popular talks are:
- Benefits of Higher Education
- An introduction to Bishop Grosseteste University
- Course specific presentations (See the Courses section of this site for a full list of current courses)
- Student Life (this can be delivered by current BGU students)
- Student Finance
- UCAS and Personal Statements
- Routes into Teaching
If there is something you are interested in that is not on the list please speak to us as we can provide bespoke presentations. The talks usually last around 1 hour, but can be tailored to your requirements.
If you would like to book a talk please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Pre-Teaching Award is a flexible programme ran by schools and colleges with the support of Bishop Grosseteste University. The award is an enrichment activity for year 12 students who are interested in a career in education. The award will help students:
- Help them to decide if teaching is the career they want to go into
- Useful tips and advice for their UCAS applications
- Useful knowledge to help them with their applications for teaching courses
- Starter knowledge to help them with a career in education
- A certificate for their files
- A guaranteed* interview for Primary Education with QTS at BGU (*subject to eligibility)
We are happy to meet you at your school/college to talk about the award in more detail and see how it can fit in with your school/college requirements. Please get in touch on email@example.com
Widening Participation Programmes
At BGU we are committed to Widening Participation, we run two programmes to support students from disadvantaged backgrounds and those facing challenging personal circumstances. Both First Steps 2 Study and Next Steps 4 Study aim to develop the independent learning skills students require at Higher Education, as well as the opportunity for students to get their questions about university answered.
First Steps 2 Study is a two-stepped programme we offer to year 9, 10 and 11 students. Schools can opt into one or all year groups. Step 1 is a one hour visit to your school; this is followed with a visit to BGU for step 2 of the programme.
Next Steps 4 Study is a four-step programme which we offer to sixth forms and colleges. The four steps occur at regular intervals from December Year 12 to September of Year 13 and include two one hour visits to your school/college and two visits to BGU.
If you would like to find out more about either of the programmes please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.