Becoming a Member
We welcome everyone of all ages and abilities to our Sports and Fitness Centre, whether you’re associtated with BGU or not. We have a range of excellent membership packages available to suit everyone’s needs and committments.
To become a member you will need to complete a gym induction. There are two stages to our induction process:
Part 1 (Health Check)
This will take approximately 30 minutes and we complete a Pre-Activity Readiness Questionnaire with you in the Sports Centre. This is not a practical session.
Part 2 (Gym Induction)
This is a practical session and so gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for this induction. This is likely to be either a one to one, or a small group induction. Our trained fitness instructors show you how to safely use all our equipment and advise how to get the best out of your work outs. If you would like a programme to help you achieve your goals we can also design a personalised programme for you too for only £10.00.
Our membership scheme allows members to train in the gym and attend our classes, as advertised on our class timetable (subject to availability). When joining we will also require you to complete a payment authorisation form when completing your part 1 induction; identification (student ID, driving license, passport, birth certificate or utility bill) and bank details (bank card or statement) are required. Prices can be found below.
Alternatively, it is possible to use our facility on a pay per session basis of £5.00 at peak times and £4.50 for off-peak times*. For this, a guest pass form must be completed prior to your session.
*Off peak times are Friday 4:00pm – 8:30pm and Saturday/Sunday 9:00am – 2:00pm
|Monthly Fee+||Annual Fee+|
|Students||£13.50||9 months for £99 / 1 year for £119 (offers valid from September-October 2017)|
| BGU Staff
+Minimum term required.
Staff / Concessionary / General Public: 12 months
Students: Until 31st May 2018.
Student Membership Offers (September – October 2017)
9 months for £99 / 1 year for £119
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Prices quoted are per person
- The Membership fee must be paid upfront in one lump sum
- Monthly payment minimum term applies and must be paid by recurring card payment
- Fee covers classes on class timetable and use of gym. Charges still apply for hiring out facilities and equipment
- The induction process (health check and gym induction) will need to be completed before using any gym equipment. For all members this induction is free – it’s a practical session and gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for your induction. This is likely to be either a one to one, or a small group induction. For non-members who would like an induction this costs £10.00.
- Concessionary rate applies to over 60’s, students of other colleges and universities and BG Generations members (alumni of BGU). Proof of ID will be required. If you do not qualify for any of the above concessions the general public rate will apply.
- Minimum age is 16.
- STUDENT OFFER: available from September – October 2017. 9 months for £99 / 1 year for £119
3 Month Fitness Package
Our 3 month fitness package is only £60. This package includes:
- Health check
- One to one gym induction
- Membership card
- Access to the centre Monday – Friday 7:00am – 8.30pm, and weekends from 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Access to classes advertised on our class timetable (subject to availability).
- Use of changing facilities, showers and lockers
- Free parking (subject to availability)
Minimum age is 16.
To get your membership deal, or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01522 583680.