BGU is committed to the support of students who enter higher education having had any prior experience of care. In order to determine who qualifies for support as a ‘student from care’, BGU uses the definition as set out by the Who Care Trust. The relevant information can be found at the Who Cares Trust.
Click here for detailed information about the services we provide. The principal features are:
- Availability of 365 day accommodation
- Enhanced financial support
- A named contact for any issues arising before or during your studies
- Confidential service
Who to Contact
BGU’s named contact for students from care is:
Head of Student Support.
T: 01522 583602
Phil can be contacted about any aspect of higher education, whilst applying for a course, or during study and his primary role is to:
- Act as your personal contact before and during your studies
- Liaise with your Local Authority and/or Leaving Care Service to ensure your needs are considered
- Ensure you access all relevant support at BGU
- Keep in touch with you at key points in your studies so you can discuss any issues which may have arisen
You can also contact Phil through your Leaving Care Adviser (or similar advocate) if you wish by asking them to use the above details.
If you would prefer to speak to a female adviser, just let us know by emailing email@example.com