Once you have been made an offer to study at Bishop Grosseteste University you will receive notification from the Accommodation Officer inviting you to apply for halls in May via our on-line system.
The majority of places in halls are offered to first year UK/EU undergraduate students who have firmly accepted an academic offer and submitted an accommodation application by 29 June 2018.
All students should apply for University accommodation using our online application. You will be invited to do so in May once you have received an email/letter from us.
The online application allows you to make accommodation selections based on your requirements. There are several stages to the application:
- Home screen, select register
- Enter your Student ID (being your BGU number), first and last name, date of birth, your and e-mail address (please use an email account you can access at all times – a school or agent’s is not recommended)
- Create a password that you will easily remember
- You will be shown the personal details we hold about you and you must ensure that all information is correct. Please complete any missing information and your next of kin details.
- Validate Registration – Once confirmed, you will receive notification by email and a unique code for you to enter, so you can proceed to the next stage.
- You will now be allowed to log on using your newly registered details and password.
Create an Application
- Click New Application to begin
- Choose the Application Type specific to you i.e. undergraduate or postgraduate
- Review the accommodation options available before making your choices
- Select the room types and sites that meet your requirements. You can select a minimum of 5 and maximum of 9 accommodation preferences*
- Prioritise the alternative options – if your preferred choices are unavailable when we are making you an offer, we need to know what you would prefer to be offered
- Complete the additional information section (depending on your application type) this may include: gender sharing preference, medical/disability information, any special requests you may have
- When you have completed all sections, you can review your choices in the Confirmation page and when you are happy with your application, click Confirm
*When allocating your rooms we will work through your choices in order of preference.
Please note – a selection of room types are in high demand but low in quantity, therefore if you choose sites which don’t have large availability of certain room types, you should maximise your other options by choosing the maximum preferences allowed.
Demand for halls outstrips supply and as there are not enough places to accommodate all those who wish to go into halls we apply an Accommodation Policy. Within the allocation prioritisation, there are certain provision’s that apply:
- All places in halls are allocated on a first come first served basis and students are therefore encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible
- Priority will be given to students joining us from outside the local area;
- Applications received by 29 June 2018 will be guaranteed accommodation, but this might not necessarily be on campus. An alternative offer may be made from your preferences in private accommodation where the terms and conditions will differ to that originally applied for
Applications received after 29 June 2018 will not be guaranteed accommodation and further advice will be given by the Accommodation Officer on receipt of application.
Applicants who make Bishop Grosseteste University their insurance choice with UCAS are still encouraged to apply for accommodation. Details will be held on record, until confirmation is received that you will be attending the University.
If you experience any problems accessing the online application, please email email@example.com with your full name, Bishop Grosseteste student ID number and your date of birth and we will look into it further.
Click here for our Accommodation Policy – giving you more information on how we allocate rooms, what support is available and the key dates and deadlines you need to know.
Wherever you decide to live during your studies here, you can contact the Accommodation Officer for support and advice on any issue on +44 (0)1522 583707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org