The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) is the University’s senior management team. The Vice Chancellor has delegated powers from University Council and for delivering the University Strategic Plan and the overall operational management of the University. The role of SLT is to advise the Vice Chancellor, as senior accountable officer, on the strategic direction, leadership and performance of the institution. Further information on the delegation of powers and responsibilities can be found in the Schedule of Delegation.
SLT is responsible for:
- providing strategic leadership, direction and management of the University;
- ensuring that University Council is supported in decision-making in line with the Strategy and policies;
- monitoring, measuring and evaluating the University’s performance in relation to the Strategy;
- identifying, evaluating and managing risks faced by the University;
- setting and monitoring budgets for approval by University Council;
- overseeing the annual planning process;
- identifying, pursuing and evaluating commercial development and partnership issues;
- overseeing HR issues.
Meetings are held twice per month:
|Meeting 1:||Core business – agenda set on annual cycle|
|Meeting 2:||Review of progress against the institution’s strategic plan and / or single issue meetings|
Vice Chancellor (Chair) – The Reverend Canon Professor, Peter Neil
Deputy Vice Chancellor – Professor Jayne Mitchell
Registrar and Secretary – Dr Anne Jackson
Executive Dean (LTI) – Dr Ruth Sayers
Executive Dean (RKE) – Dr David Rae
Director of Resources – Mr Stephen Deville
Other Leadership Teams
The Corporate Leadership Team (CLT):
Takes responsibility for the corporate leadership of the institution and operational responsibility for implementation of strategies and policies. CLT members are responsible for leading their own individual areas but, more importantly, for working as a corporate member of a team to ensure that the whole institution is led consistently.
CLT meets on a monthly basis and the business for CLT meetings complements the business of SLT.
Academic Forum complements the work undertaken both by SLT and CLT and to provides a space for creative discussion of academic issues, outwith the governance structure.
– See more at: http://www.bishopg.ac.uk/about/Governance/senior-leadership-team/#sthash.tBKukB0o.dpuf